Sunday, January 8, 2012

Guilty Pleasures


Edison, New Jersey
Well, here I am, completely lost in the world of Hmart. It's basically a Walmart that only sells Korean food. It's quite amazing actually. I stumble upon a mountain of Hello Panda and Pocky treats. O.O If you have no idea what these things are, then you haven't lived yet. Haha I'm only kidding, they're just cookies that come in weird shapes, but very delicious. There's even a small food court that sells all the delicious Korean dishes you can possibly think of. Yeah yeah you may be thinking that the 2nd picture is Chinese food... well... IT'S NOT. Just like how Chinese take-out is virtually nothing like authentic Chinese dishes, Korean food does the same thing. Either way... it all tastes good!


Brooklyn, New York
So, I may have outdone myself this time... but then again... maybe not. I found myself wandering around the streets of Brooklyn after I've loaded myself with 4 or 5 beers at Nevada Smith's (A soccer bar in Manhattan) The majority of the fans there are Manchester United supporters so how could I resist watching my team thrash on some lowly opponent?! Anyways, WHITE CASTLE BURGERS. Save the Harold and Kumar jokes because I've heard them all! These little sliders are the most delicious things in the world. You could argue that Krystal Burger puts up a good fight, but they don't even compare. It's the jalapeno cheese add-on that wins it for me. Plus the buns are better. *Cherry Coke*

Manhattan, New York
You may have been looking at the plain pie to the right and wondered when was the last time you've seen something so beautiful. This was at the Crocodile Lounge in the lower East side of Manhattan. You CAN'T go to New York City without having some kind of pizza there. You just can't, its basically saying you're not American if you opt out of the opportunity. I've definitely had way better pizza in New York than this place though... so exactly why am I mentioning it? Well, here's where the trick comes into play... It's free. YES. FREE. Now there has to be a kicker right? Yes, yes there is. You have to order a beer to get one, not too bad eh? So, my brother, my sister and I get over to this place and I order the best domestic beer in the States (Yuengling) and chomp down on the bad boy 'til I had enough. The beers on draft will set you back a good 4-5 bucks, but that's about normal in the City. If you're expecting to land an Abita Amber at this place, don't get your hopes up... they only carry Abita Light.

Crocodile Lounge - 14th Street in between 1st and 2nd Avenue for those that are curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment